Whatsapp is rolling out Animated Stickers, QR codes, and more updates in the new app upgrades.
Whatsapp, a Facebook company, with more than 2 Billion users has been generally a bit slow in adding new features. But this time it has quite a few popular and really useful updates including the Animated Stickers.
As per Whatsapp, there are quite a few updates as listed below
- Animated Stickers: Stickers are one of the fastest-growing ways people communicate on WhatsApp, with billions sent every day. Animated sticker packs are being rolled out that is even more fun and expressive.
- QR codes: We are making it easier than ever to add new contact. Soon when you meet someone new, you will be able to scan their QR code to add them to your contacts. No more tapping in their digits one at a time.
- Dark mode The incredibly popular Dark Mode theme now extends to your computer, for WhatsApp web and desktop.
- Group video calls improvement: Now up to 8 people on a video call, it is made it easier to focus on whoever you want by letting you press and hold to maximize a participant’s video to full screen. A new video icon has been added in group chats of 8 or less, so you can easily start a group video call with 1-tap.
- KaiOS Status update: KaiOS users can now enjoy the popular feature that lets you share updates that disappear after 24 hours.
These new features will be rolling out to users over the next few weeks, in the latest versions of WhatsApp.
Also, Google has partnered with Universal Brand Development, Amblin Entertainment, and Ludia to bring 10 dinosaurs from the franchise film, “Jurassic World”, to Google Search. These updates will make dinosaurs to be in your backyard or may end up in your living room.