JioMeet video conferencing app launched by Reliance Jio for free.
Reliance has launched the JioMeet app, its video conference app for free for all. With so many big companies joining the bandwagon of video conferencing apps, Jio has finally joined the party.
What is JioMeet?
JioMeet is a video conferencing app by Reliance Jio. It is a free app with up to 100 users. Unlike other apps, there is no requirement to use the Jio phone number. Anyone can use it for video conferencing.
It seems to have all the bells and whistles of a good video conferencing app including screen sharing. Here is the complete list.
- Easy sign up with either Mobile Number or Email ID
- Meeting in HD Audio and Video quality
- Create instant meeting and start inviting friends
- Schedule a meeting in advance and share meeting details with invitees
- Active Speaker view layout
- Unlimited Meetings per day
- Each meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs
- Each meeting is password protected
- Host can enable ‘Waiting Room’ to ensure no participant joins without permission
- Create Groups and start calling/chatting on single click
- Share Screen and start collaborating
- Use ‘Safe Driving Mode’ while driving
- Use JioMeet on Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, SIP/H.323 systems
- Multi-device login support up to 5 devices
- Seamlessly switch from one device to another while on call
As mentioned, it can support up to 5 devices. New users can Sign Up on JioMeet only with an Invite Code shared by any existing JioMeet user. Users can also request Invite Code by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the app here.
Nonetheless, there is no restriction to join the meetings. A host of other features such as background blur, noise cancellation should get added in the future.
Whatsapp is rolling out Animated Stickers, QR codes, and more updates in the new app upgrades. It also includes Dark Mode for Whatsapp Web and desktop. Now up to 8 people on a video call, it is made it easier to focus on whoever you want by letting you press and hold to maximize a participant’s video to full screen. A new video icon has been added in group chats of 8 or less, so you can easily start a group video call with 1-tap.