Facebook is finally rolling out the Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp on Web.
Facebook is officially rolling out the Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp. It is however only available to Whatsapp on Web and will come to mobile platforms in the near future. The Messenger Rooms integration on WhatsApp has been long-speculated and now Facebook has finally decided to roll it out for the WhatsApp web users.
Facebook had earlier rolled out the Messenger Rooms support on the social media app and now it has finally arrived on WhatsApp. As mentioned before, the feature, the Messenger Rooms support is only available for WhatsApp web users.
Steps to use
- Open the WhatsApp web on your browser. Go to any of the chats that you want to interact with or have interacted with in the past.
- When you open a new chat window, you will find the attachment icon right next to the search bar on the top right side of your contact name.
- Click on the attachment icon and you will see the list of items you can attach in your chat such as photos, videos, documents, contacts and below contacts icon, you will spot a new icon of Rooms there.
- You need to click on Rooms, a new pop-up window will open that will redirect you to a separate messenger rooms page.
- When you reach the Messenger Rooms page, Facebook will ask you to create a Room.
- Once you click on the “create a room” option, you will be provided a link that you can share with your contacts so that they can join the conversation.
Messenger Rooms allows as many as 50 participants to join a single video call. Just by sharing a link created on the platform, you can add people to your call. It is important to note that you don’t have to have a Facebook account in order to join a video call on Messenger Rooms. However, in order to host one, you require a Facebook account.